[Monetdb-developers] communication problem between Mserver and mclient on OS X

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Fri Oct 31 12:20:25 CET 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 10:33:56AM +0100, Jan Rittinger wrote:
> OK,
>
> hitting enter doesn't work for the testweb

starting Mserver without console (--set monet_daemon=yes) does work
interactively, but is not (yet?) supported by Mtest.py ...

> and I would hate to install
> parallels+ubuntu only to run the testweb! Instead I would love to have
> a pre-release solution :)

... so do I / we ...

> What is the difference in the thread handling of M5 and M4 -- is the
> client implemented in a different way?

I guess, it's not the client, but the server --- or the combination of both
--- but as said, I don't know (yet) what might be the actual problem --- we
thought it might be related to the fact that the mserver5 MAL console uses
readline while the Mserver MIL console does not --- but then we do not use
readline on Darwin since it does not provide rl_completion_matches ...

Stefan