[Monetdb-developers] slow query log

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Tue Oct 21 02:35:46 CEST 2008

Is there currently a syntax to log every incoming SQL query to a file?

I found options like:
1) ODBCDEBUG [1]
2) mapi_log(...) [2]

But is there something easy to capture all incoming query with their
timings; so a real slow queries log can be created?

In the Skyserver presentation [3] I see 'Query log' analysis; I'm really
interested in how this is realised. I would like to do an analysis on
all queries Mapserver generates by its GDAL/OGR layer, since I have
implemented this interface using ODBC (yes, I was too lazy to implement
a native connector) some logging would be possible, but not
concurrently, hence the file would be overwritten.

If nothing is in place, I'm happy to give it a try and implement it.

Stefan

[1] <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.monetdb.devel/1381>
[2]
<http://monetdb.cwi.nl/projects/monetdb/SQL/Documentation/Mapi-Function-Reference.html>