[Monetdb-developers] best practices with connection pool

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Tue May 27 16:41:02 CEST 2008

Hi,

Maybe I should move this to the users part, if so, please inform me.

What is currently the best practice of connecting to MonetDB5/SQL? Is
there much overhead in the connection phase (thus: cache the connection)
or can a developer just reconnect each time the database connection is
required without much overhead?

The target platform is extremely demanding in requests and memory, so I
would like to design it good from the start.