[Monetdb-developers] MonetDB release planning

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Sun May 25 00:33:50 CEST 2008

Dear fellow MonetDB developers,

I'm done with creating the following "Stable" CVS branches for the upcoming
"Jun2008" release:
        package      branch-name
        -----------------------
        (on SourceForge)
        buildtools   MonetDB_1-24
        MonetDB      MonetDB_1-24
        clients      Clients_1-24
        MonetDB5     MonetDB_5-6
        sql          SQL_2-24
        geom         Geom_0-4
        MonetDB4     MonetDB_4-24
        pathfinder   XQuery_0-24
        template     MonetDB_1-24

        (java has an independent release schema, and hence does not have/need
         a CVS branch (yet?))

        (CWI internally)
        TestTools    MonetDB_1-24
        monetweb     Stable_Jun2008

Hence, you welcome to checkin, again, provided you acknowledge the follwoing
IMPORTANT NOTES:

1)
As usually, once I have officially released the check-in lock,
 a) ALL bug fixes (and ONLY those)
    MUST be checked in to the above release branches (and ONLY there)!
 b) ALL new features (and ONLY those)
    MUST be checked in to the development trunk (HEAD) (and ONLY there)!

(In case you need assistance please feel free to contact
 MonetDB-developers at lists.sourceforge.net .)

Until different notice, any propagation of bug-fixes from the new release
branches to the respective development trunks will be done / controlled by
Sjoerd and me, only, i.e., no one else is supposed to do any propagation,
unless Sjoerd or I explicitly allow such propagation. Obviously, Sjoerd or I
may ask for assistance.
Propagation from the development trunks to the release branches does not
exist.

2)
At CWI, all changes for the web site that are supposed to be put online with
the upcoming "Jun2008" release must be checked in to the "Stable_Jun2008"
branch of "monetweb".

As of tomorrow morning (once nightly Stable testing has finished) this
branch will be used to build the pre-view web site on koala.

(Until the actual release, the life web site will remain being built from
the "Stable_2008-02-03" branch of "monetweb".)

Thank you very much for you patience!

Stefan