[Monetdb-developers] MonetDB release planning

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Fri May 16 23:52:21 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 11:28:56PM +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> On Fri, 16 May 2008, Stefan Manegold wrote:

> > > Is there currently any ETA to get the Geom extention in a workable shape
> > > again?
> >
> > What exactly is not working (for you)?
> >
> > According to the TestWeb, all available Geom tests work fine, both in the
> > latest "Stable" release and in the "Current" development version:
> > http://monetdb.cwi.nl/testing/projects/monetdb/Stable/geom/.mTests4103/index.html
> > http://monetdb.cwi.nl/testing/projects/monetdb/Stable/geom/.mTests5103/index.html
> > http://monetdb.cwi.nl/testing/projects/monetdb/Current/geom/.mTests4103/index.html
> > http://monetdb.cwi.nl/testing/projects/monetdb/Current/geom/.mTests5103/index.html
>
> The last time I checked (with CVS) this didn't work at all.
>
> See: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.monetdb.devel/911
>
> Ok it is 5 months ago...

feel free to check with the latest release or development version, again ;-)

In case it does not work, feel free to file a bug report via the MonetDB
BugTracker at SF.

> but still, if you say everything works then the example should work too.

Well, I only said that all available tests do work fine. I don't know the
tests by hard, and hence cannot tell whether you scenario is (already) covered.
In case you find it not working and file a bug report, a test will be added
before the bug report is closed.
We mght also consider adding a test even without bug report, once we have
some spare time --- any help is more than aprechiated ;-)

Stefan