[Monetdb-developers] blobs performance

Henrik Vendelbo hvendelbo.dev at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 15:27:33 CET 2008

I am working through the options for clustered file management.

Normally I would expect fairly poor performance of binary file storage
in a database. Hence I would favor using the file system, and sync
across the machines in the cluster. Being quite different from common
relational implementations, how well does Monet handle blobs
of 1-10Mb?

As a side question is there a support for multi-master replication?

The technology looks really impressive, I hope to be able to base my
future projects on MonetDB

Thanks,

Henrik