[Monetdb-developers] Monetdb-developers Digest, Vol 22, Issue 4

Peter Boncz P.Boncz at cwi.nl
Thu Mar 27 19:13:07 CET 2008

Hi,

I read the digests of the monetdb mailing list, which in this case took more
than a month to send me this discussion. That's pretty useless.. I will switch
to immediate mails.

Anyway, Jennie is currently working on getting the repeatable reads transactions
working. This means that by passing a request-ID you will be guaranteed that all
queries and updates execute on the same database image, i.e. a transaction. In
case of update requests in the same transaction, these will be executed
atomically using a 2PC protocol.

While this functionality is designed to be triggerered from XQuery queries, you
client API could also generate the appropriate messages.

It may not answer you needs regarding performance (you would send a
read-request, update-request, prepare-request and commit-request), but it would
answer your functional requirements AFAIS.

Peter