[Monetdb-developers] tables/databases simultaneous updates & extended-stored-procedures

Niels Nes Niels.Nes at cwi.nl
Sat Jul 19 09:49:55 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 05:13:54PM -0700, SOL ZADEH wrote:
>    Hi
>

>    I have a couple of questions and really appreciate if any one
>    could answer them or instruct me to the relevant forum topics:
>

>    1-     what is the limitations (speed, threshold etc)  on
>    simultaneous tables /databases update  i.e. via multiple odbc
>    connection lets say  (also any other faster API to interface
>    with the MonetDB ?)
MonetDB research concentrated mostly in low update/high query loads. The
update implementation is still quite capable, but no reall performance
experiments on updates have been conducted. Next to odbc we have
mapi and jdbc APIs available.

>    2-     Is there a way to have the triggers to generate
>    real-world (non-db) events i.e. similar to the Extended Stored
>    Procedure in SqlServer or the way Oracle allows you to run Java
>    code inside the stored procedures.
MonetDB can be extended using C-code and that code could be run within
the triggers.

Niels