[Monetdb-developers] monetdb-java-config

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Fri Jul 4 09:36:45 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 04:12:59PM +0200, Stefan Manegold wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Mtest.oy and several tests (see below) (still) rely on monetdb-java-config to
> find out where MonetDB/Java (i.e., the *.jar's and the Test_*.class
> examples/tests) are installed.
>
> However, we do not distribute monetdb-java-config in any (binary) package
> (only with the sources).
>
> I see the followin options:
>
> 1) Leave everything as it is.
>
> 2) Keep monetdb-java-config in the source (for conveniencce with Mtest.py on
>    source-base installations), but extend Mtest.py with command line options
>    as an alternative manner to provide the requires information in case of
>    binary installation (i.e., w/o monetdb-java-config).
>
> 3) Abandon monetdb-java-config completely and have Mtest.py rely only in the
>    (to be added) command line options

Solved by implementing option

4) Abandon monetdb-java-config completely and telling Mtest.py the location
   of the MonetDB/Java installation via enviroment variable CLASSPATH
   (with fall-back to `monetdb-config --pkgdatadir`/lib, assuming that
   MonetDB/Java is installed in the same prefix ad MonetDB/Common (GDK)).

Stefan