[Monetdb-developers] re compiling on darwin9

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Tue Jan 22 11:13:30 CET 2008

Hi,

I just made a very simple attempt to fix the problem by ensuring that
--enable-oid32 is handled and MONET_OID32 defined only with 64-bit builds
(but ignored/unset otherwise); see also
[ 1876580 ] Compile MonetDB on Darwin 9: failed by --enable-oid32
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1876580&group_id=56967&atid=482468

If this works, we're fine.
If not, we can go back to the previous situtation (before Fabian's changes
in buildtools/conf/MonetDB.m4), i.e., --enable-bits is only handled on
platform where it is known to work (incl. Darwin 8), while on other
platforms (e.g., Darwin 9; or when using the Intel compiler), configure
stops with the following advice:

"case "$GCC-$CC-$host_os-$host-$bits" not handled with --enable-bits, yet;
please use CC, CFLAGS and/or LDFLAGS (instead of --enable-bits=$bits) to
make "$CC" produce $bits-bit code"

(obviously with the variables replaced with the respective values...)

Stefan