[Monetdb-developers] libxml2 LINK error on win64.

mobigital-nbl at yahoo.com mobigital-nbl at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 03:35:25 CET 2008

Sjoerd Mullender wrote:
> The functions the linker complains about are freeaddrinfo and
> getaddrinfo.  These functions are only used in sections inside #ifdef
> SUPPORT_IP6/#endif.  So it seems you have the symbol SUPPORT_IP6 defined
> somewhere.  You need to find out where that is defined.  My guess would
> be: the file config.h.  One possibility might be that you used the same
> sources on a non-Windows system where the file config.h was created?
> You may be able to remove the file config.h and rerun the cscript
> command.  That should recreate the file.  config.h is in the main
> directory (i.e. one up from the win32 directory where you need to build).

I deleted config.h, it was re-created by cscript, but problem still persists.

acconfig.h says:
/* Define if IPV6 support is there */
#undef SUPPORT_IP6
/* Define if getaddrinfo is there */
#undef HAVE_GETADDRINFO

config.h.in says this (in 2 places)
/* Define if IPV6 support is there */
#undef SUPPORT_IP6

configure has this (not sure if it's used on windows)
[line 26531]   #define SUPPORT_IP6
_ACEOF

it seems IP6 support is turned off everywhere, do I need to pass a command line argument to turn off IP6 support?

here is what configure.in says
[line 498]
dnl ***********************Checking for availability of IPv6*******************

AC_MSG_CHECKING([whether to enable IPv6])
AC_ARG_ENABLE(ipv6, [  --enable-ipv6[[=yes/no]]  enables compilation of IPv6 code [[default=yes]]],, enable_ipv6=yes)

what command line switch should I use to turn off IP6?

thanks in advance.