[Monetdb-developers] New release branches

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Fri Feb 1 10:45:36 CET 2008

Dear fellow MonetDB developers,

to initiate the usual release process for the upcoming "GDK-2" release of
the whole MonetDB software family, I plan to create new release branches in
CVS during this weekend (most probably on Sunday Feb 03 2008).

Please let me know, in case there are any (strong) reasons to postpone the
creation of the new release branches.

As usually, please note that once the release branches have been created,
only bug fixes may be checked in to the release branches (in fact, all bug
fixes have to be check in to the release branches, only!),
while any new feature may be checked in to the development trunk, only.

In case you have (minor!) features to add or finish, that should be in the
release, please do so today, i.e., before I'll start creating the new
release branches --- but make sure (*before* checking them in!) that they
work flawlessly in all cases!

In case you plan to add new features, please postpone your check-in until
Monday Feb 04, i.e., until after I have created the new release branches.

In case you have any question, please do not hesitate to ask, preferably
using one of the public communication channels (read: mailing lists).

Thank you very much for your cooperation!

Have a nice (and free) weekend.