[Monetdb-developers] monet db copy command

ashokguruswamy ashok.0806 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 08:36:41 CEST 2008

my seasonal compliments..

this is ashok. i am using monetdb for my application with java. just i need
to copy the monetdb table to a csv file..

in an sql manual i read the syntax for copying from table to csvfile is

Syntax:

COPY <subquery> INTO <file_name> [ [USING] DELIMITERS
tuple_separator [’,’
record_separator [ ’,’
string_quote ]]]
[ NULL AS null_string ];

Operating System: Windows XP

My query:

copy select * from table_name into 'D:/file_name.csv' using delimiters '|';

but if i execute this, am facing the following problem.. any suggestion?
asap...

Error: Syntax error, unexpected SELECT, expecting INTO in: “copy select”..

Also the query specified below which having --with null as 'null_String"--
is not working..

copy select * from table_name into 'D:/file_name.csv' using delimiters '|'
with null as ' ';

I want a way to copy monetdb tables to csv files..