[Monetdb-developers] dbname....

Romulo Goncalves R.A.Goncalves at cwi.nl
Tue Apr 8 14:42:43 CEST 2008

I did a mistake in my scripts to start my mserver and I set my dbname
like this:
/scratch5/romulo/var/dbfarm/

When I start my mserver I get this information:
-bash-3.1$ ../server.sh optimized
# MonetDB server v5.5.0, based on kernel v1.23.0
# Serving database '/scratch5/romulo/var/dbfarm'
# Compiled for x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/64bit with 64bit OIDs dynamically
linked
# Copyright (c) 1993-2008 CWI, all rights reserved

Until now no problem.

The problem comes when I connect a mclient:
!SABAOTHgetMyStatus: MALException:sabaoth.assert:SABAOTHgetMyStatus
couldn't find a database for /scratch5/romulo/var/dbfarm!

I decided to debug the code and there I decided to print the following
variables:
printf("%s , %s \n ", GDKgetenv("gdk_dbfarm"), GDKgetenv("gdk_dbname"));

Result:
/scratch5/romulo/var/dbfarm , /scratch5/romulo/var/dbfarm

Until now no problem, so what is the reason for the crash? Well, I
decide to check my dbfarm:
/scratch5/romulo/var/dbfarm

There I found out that the directory with name
"/scratch5/romulo/var/dbfarm"
does not exist, but instead of that sub-directories were created:
/scratch5/romulo/var/dbfarm/scratch5/romulo/var/dbfarm/

My question is:
Is the location of the database correct just because in the dbname I
defined the name like a path? Or should that name be interpreted as a
single string?

Regards,
Romulo

PS: Next time I will be more be careful with my scripts :)