[Monetdb-developers] embedded mserver...

Romulo Goncalves R.A.Goncalves at cwi.nl
Tue Apr 8 14:27:19 CEST 2008

Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 08-04-2008 13:43:54 +0200, Romulo Goncalves wrote:
>> I start the mserver with the following command:
>> ./mserver5 --set embedded=yes --dbinit="include sql;" &
>>
>> mclient connection is refused.
>>
>> The I decided to set the mapi_port:
>>    --set mapi_port=50000 &
Yes it is set to that port...

> Is mapi_port in your monetdb5.conf set to 50000?
>
>> Mclient connection is again refused for port 50000:
>> [goncalve at amelia bin]$ mclient -lsql
>> !ERROR mapi_reconnect: connect: Connection refused
>> Setup connection failed
>
> Does netstat list 50000 being in LISTENING state?
No there is nothing on port 50000.

When I start the mserver in this mode (using the gdb) I do a break and I
only see one thread, it seems the startup of mserver is not done
correctly. The embedded flag is removing too many things...
It seems the following statement from the web-site was taken too serious:
"It is of particular interest if you need database functionality within
a limited application setting"

Romulo