[Monetdb-developers] embedded mserver...

Romulo Goncalves R.A.Goncalves at cwi.nl
Tue Apr 8 13:43:54 CEST 2008

I start the mserver with the following command:
./mserver5 --set embedded=yes --dbinit="include sql;" &

mclient connection is refused.

The I decided to set the mapi_port:
   --set mapi_port=50000 &

Mclient connection is again refused for port 50000:
[goncalve at amelia bin]$ mclient -lsql
!ERROR mapi_reconnect: connect: Connection refused
Setup connection failed
[goncalve at amelia bin]$

and for port 33177 isn't:
[goncalve at amelia bin]$ mclient -lsql -P33177
User (goncalve):
[goncalve at amelia bin]$

As you can see the above example the user used for the connection is
goncalve and not monetdb. Why the default user is not monetdb?
And why this port?

This example (the first command to start mserver) was taken from our
web-site...
http://monetdb.cwi.nl/projects/monetdb/SQL/Documentation/Embedded-Server.html#Embedded-Server

Regards,
Romulo