[Monetdb-developers] rpm conflict, monetdb and fedora 8

Bob McKay urilabob at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 07:01:04 CEST 2008

Not sure if this is the right place to report this, but it seems there
is a conflict between the current version of the monetdb fedora rpm
install and an up-to-date fedora 8:

Transaction Check Error:
  file /usr/lib/libmal.so.0 from install of
MonetDB5-server-5.4.0-1.fc8.oid32.i386 conflicts with file from
package libmal-0.31-7.fc8.i386

Any suggestions? (I'm not too keen on uninstalling libmal, as that
entails also uninstalling significant parts of kde). When I first got
the message I thought it might be that my fedora 8 was out-of-date,
but I performed a full update and still get the problem.