[Monetdb-developers] MonetDB4 server (Mserver) crash on solaris 10

xxiao xxiao at iupui.edu
Tue Sep 18 15:33:15 CEST 2007

hi, Stefan

thanks a lot for your quick response.

I tried mserver5 as you suggested. mserver5 starts up and runs without any
problems as far as I can see.

FYI,
I recompiled MonetDB-server4 last night. Somehow ( I don't know the reason
yet), this time Mserver starts up fine,
but that "Bus error" showed up when I type in command "module(mapi);".
Please see the following

>Mserver --dbname=gold
# Monet Database Server V4.18.2
# Copyright (c) 1993-2007, CWI. All rights reserved.
# Compiled for sparc-sun-solaris2.10/32bit with 32bit OIDs; dynamically
linked.
# Visit http://monetdb.cwi.nl/ for further information.
MonetDB>module(xtables);
MonetDB>module(mapi);
!ERROR: BATSIGcrash: Mserver internal error (Bus error), please restart.
!ERROR: (One potential cause could be that your disk might be full...)

Xiang