[Monetdb-developers] MonetDB4 server (Mserver) crash on solaris 10

xxiao xxiao at iupui.edu
Mon Sep 17 22:51:35 CEST 2007

hi,

I built MonetDB4 server on a solaris 10 SPARC machine.
When I try to execute it, the server applciation crashed and posted the
following error message:

>Mserver
# Monet Database Server V4.18.2
# Copyright (c) 1993-2007, CWI. All rights reserved.
# Compiled for sparc-sun-solaris2.10/32bit with 32bit OIDs; dynamically
linked.
# Visit http://monetdb.cwi.nl/ for further information.
!ERROR: BATSIGcrash: Mserver internal error (Bus error), please restart.
!ERROR: (One potential cause could be that your disk might be full...)

the machine configuration is:

>uname -a
SunOS vlsi 5.10 Generic_118833-33 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R Solaris

Is the crash really due to that the disk is full? And can someone give me a
hint how I can trace my problems?

Thanks a lot.