[Monetdb-developers] [Monetdb-pf-checkins] pathfinder/src/sqlhelpers/xmlshred xmlshred.c, , 1.2, 1.3

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Mon Sep 10 21:53:47 CEST 2007

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 01:25:54PM +0200, Manuel Mayr wrote:
> Thx for the suggestion,
> I see SSZFMT to be defined in monet_utils.h.
> Is it possible to use SSZFMT without creating a dependency to monet?

Since xmlshred is in the pathfinder tree (which inherently depends on
MonetDB), and as long as there are no plans to distribute xmlshred
separately and make it compile stand-alone, what't the problem of using
monet_utils.h? id does not create any new dependency.

Obviously, the (discouraged) alternative is to copy the (required)
functionality of monet_utils.h to some local file (and double-check,
whether pathfinder's configure does the required checks).

Stefan