[Monetdb-developers] Mserver5 issues / Perl patches

Niels Nes Niels.Nes at cwi.nl
Sun Oct 21 09:59:59 CEST 2007

On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 03:01:32AM +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:

> Hi,
>

> [If the first part should be in monetdb-users please inform me]
>
> Currently I am still using the same setup, because I do not have the
> time to reimport my data using after the nightly builds. After my first
> big import in SQL resulting in 4*10^7 rows, I decided to move on. And
> continue my work.
>
> I have started mserver5 again, include sql; [no problems]
>
> sql.start(); [this command took 10 minutes to be processed]
>

> After this 10 minutes, the command works instantly when running the
> server again. Is this some kind of integrity checking?
The sql log is reread and applied. After that its save directly in bats, ie
indeed next startups should be fast. A different solution is to keep your
server running (idle) for at least 5 minutes after a load, this will trigger
the save move to bats with fast restarts.

> In my last e-mail I asked about the Perl issues, Niels pointed that the
> Perl sources were out of sync. I took the liberty to try to come up with
> a fix, please check as attached. I think no copyright can be claimed on
> 3 changes, so if this is the right solution :) Please apply :)
Indeed these fixes look okay. I however allready did a similar fix in
the release branch. So if you build your sources your self, update to
the latest 'cvs release branch'. Else you need to wait till these changes
are propagated to the cvs HEAD.

Niels

url: http://www.cwi.nl/~niels   e-mail: Niels.Nes at cwi.nl