[Monetdb-developers] clients on windows 32...

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Sat Oct 13 11:48:10 CEST 2007

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 11:30:47AM +0200, darabi at web.de wrote:

> > > Do you mean 'mclient -l mal -H' ?
> >
> > nope. I meant what I wrote: `mclient -l mal --help` to get the help message
> > and see whether this lists '\h' or not.
>
> After compiling nightly stable, I understand your question.
>
> The Mars-SR3 version didn't give such detailed information about
> which backslash-commands are available.
>
> The current stable version does *and* it behaves correctly.

That exactly was my intention: get confirmation that the "old" MapiClient
used in the Mars-SR3 tarball (in that "MonetDB Clients 1.18" version,
mclient is just a tiny script that allowas to call MapiClient as mclient) is
significantly different from the new mclient from the latest "MonetDB
Clients 1.20" Stable branch that will be distributed with the upcoming
release. Next to changing the name (MapiClient -> mclient) the
functionallity (in particular help messages and '\'-commands) has been
extended, cleaned-up and (most importantly) *fixed* and thus made work
(properly) at all.

Once again, this shows how impartant it is that both users and developers
state clearly which version they are using/talking about ...