[Monetdb-developers] clients on windows 32...

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Sat Oct 13 09:15:45 CEST 2007

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 09:09:59AM +0200, Martin Kersten wrote:
> Stefan Manegold wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > in Kambiz' case, the error message is not complaining about an extra space,
> > but about the '\' as first character on the line.
> >
> No, the error indicates that '\' is sent to the server, where the MAL parser
> does not recognize it as a legal start. '\' as first characters are already
> trapped in the basic readClient() function, before the parser
> takes control.
> That's why I am suspicious if there is a leading blanc character.

I just compared Kambiz
ERROR = !SyntaxException:parseError:\h
        !SyntaxException:parseError:^<identifier> expected
                                    ^
with Martin
ERROR = !SyntaxException:parseError: \h
        !SyntaxException:parseError:^<identifier> expected
                                    ^

In the second case (Martin) there's indeed a ' ' that the error message
complains about, while in the first case (Kambiz) there is no ' ', but the
error message complains about the '\' --- at least that's how I read the
above error messages.

Stefan