[Monetdb-developers] Simple bat operations

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Fri Oct 12 15:17:39 CEST 2007

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 05:57:31PM +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 11-10-2007 17:45:46 +0200, darabi at web.de wrote:
> > Fabian,
> >
> > thank you. I seem to remember that I didn't use --enable-optimise as it
> > was advertised to take longer than the normal build.
> >
> > However, I have found one solution to my problem; if I type the left
> > hand side, everything works:
> >
> > mal>b:bat[:int,:int] := bbp.bind("test");
> > mal>io.print(b);
> > #-----------------#
> > # h     t         # name
> > # int   int       # type
> > #-----------------#
> >
> > I will recompile without --enable-optimise.
>
> Try --enable-debug to make sure you aren't bitten by an insane default of
> --enable-optimise=yes.

Just for the sake of correctness of information:

--enable-debug does not disable --enable-optimize. In fact, the two do
conflict. To disable the --enable-optimize (indeed default in offically
released versions), use (following configure standards) --disable-optimize
or --enable-optimize=no.

However, as Martin already pointed out, all this is irrelevant to the actual
problem discussed here.