[Monetdb-developers] MAL access to tables created with SQL

darabi at web.de darabi at web.de
Wed Oct 10 23:41:07 CEST 2007

Hello,

how is it possible to access in a MAL client session (mclient -l mal)
the BATs of tables which were created previously in sql?

I have tried different versions of bat.new, and bbp.bind. I tried
different naming schemes (e.g. "tablename_columnname" which was
mentioned somewhere in the docs), but I always get

Referenced BAT not found

And when I try to use sql.bind, I get

SQLException:mvc:MAL_SCENARIO_PARSER not initialized

Another question: is there a way of seeing the MAL translation of sql
queries? EXPLAIN works great for SELECT statements, but it doesn't
translate DDL expressions like CREATE TABLE.

Many thanks

Kambiz