[Monetdb-developers] Start studying MonetDB code

Marco Antonelli marcoantonelli1982 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 11:07:29 CET 2007

Hello everyone,

I am an Italian student, and I will work at MonetDB/SPARQL for my master
thesis starting from next January, in Amsterdam.
Prof. Martin Kersten told to have a look at the code, in particular the
SQL->MAL translator. So I downloaded the code, and managed to compile and
install it correctly (on Linux). Then I opened the code in Eclipse (do you
use it too? do you use some better C IDE?) and started to look at
MonetDB5-server. Prof. Kersten told not to worry... but that's impressive!
So where do you suggest me to start? Which c files and functions first?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Marco Antonelli