[Monetdb-developers] nightly target contents

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Wed May 23 10:08:34 CEST 2007

On 22-05-2007 09:02:22 -0700, Colin Foss wrote:
> Sorry if this question is borderline user.
>
> Using monetdb-install.sh, what does --nightly=stable
> actually contain?  What does --nightly=current
> contain?

We maintain "two" main branches.  The HEAD of the repository, is where
all development is made.  We refer to it as "current".  The "stable"
branch is where the releases are made from, and contains only
(bug)fixes, no new features.

> Do the nightly tar files contain source from a
> sucessful build or simply a CVS checkout?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe they contain the last known successful
compilation of a CVS checkout.

> Is a cross-reference between bug number and
> --nightly=<target> maintained?

No.  Unfortunately, we don't have a ChangeLog file either which allows
for easy inspection of inclusion of a bug.