[Monetdb-developers] possible bug regarding auto-commit mixing with start transaction?

Martin Kersten Martin.Kersten at cwi.nl
Tue May 22 23:10:55 CEST 2007

Hi,

Alexandru Toth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not in console. But if you create a file , it will show up with command
> line bellow.
>
>     mclient -lsql -umonetdb 1.sql
Confirmed.

> Or, is Mac OS -speciffic ?
No, also on Linux PC.

You assume here that auto-commit is re-enabled when the statements
fall outside the transaction brackets. The mode change and the
consequences should be clearly documented in Mapi.
It may indeed be useful to fall-back to auto-commit outside
explicit transaction boundaries.

regards, Martin