[Monetdb-developers] MonetDB with Perl in windows

Steffen Goeldner sgoeldner at cpan.org
Wed May 16 12:19:17 CEST 2007

Romulo Goncalves wrote:

> Steffen Goeldner wrote:
>
>>In general, you install a perl module in the following way:
>>
>>    perl Makefile.PL
>>    make
>>    make test
>>    make install
>
> To do this I have to use cygwin which takes too long and it cannot be
> used for windows 64 bits. Do you know the steps for native compiler (nmake)?

Nmake should do. For extension modules (i.e. C), it is recommended that you use
the same compiler as for the perl build (indeed, other combinations are almost
impossible). AFAIK, ActiveState builds with VC - thus VC/nmake is o.k.
(Personally, I use the ancient Borland C++ 5.5 with dmake.)

BTW: You find 'your' make with

   perl -MConfig -e "print $Config{make}"

Regards,
Steffen