[Monetdb-developers] Win32 build & UnxUtils & bison

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Mon Mar 26 16:14:36 CEST 2007

On 2007-03-26 15:52, Steffen Goeldner wrote:
> HowToStart-*-Win32.txt lists bison from UnxUtils as prerequisite.
> This version (1.28) seems too old:
>
>   monet_parse.tab.c
>   monet_parse.y(85) : error C2046: illegal case
>   monet_parse.y(86) : error C2043: illegal break
>
> Version 2.1 from cygwin works.

I've recently been using the bison and flex from GnuWin32
(http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/) with success (although it has a bug,
but we work around it in the makefiles).  But until recently (a few
weeks ago) I think I did use the bison from UnxUtils, so I am a bit
surprised.  I'll have to test this again.

--
Sjoerd Mullender