[Monetdb-developers] Win32 build & prefix

Steffen Goeldner sgoeldner at cpan.org
Mon Mar 26 15:12:35 CEST 2007

Sjoerd Mullender wrote:

> On 2007-03-21 11:10, Steffen Goeldner wrote:
>
>>HowToStart-SQL-Win32.txt says
>>
>>   In case the install (i.e., prefix) directories of MonetDB and
>>   MonetDB/SQL are identical, ...
>>
>>However, it seems that prefix is fixed in NT/Makefile
>>
>>   prefix = $(MAKEDIR)
>>
>>Would it be possible to control the prefix via an environment
>>variable?
>

> It should be possible to do a make like this:
>
> nmake prefix=whatever ...

Aah, thanks! Indeed it installs in a directory of my choice.´
However, dependent module no longer find the include files. E.g.
clients/NT/rules.msc contains

   MONETDB_CFLAGS=-I$(TOPDIR)\..\..\MonetDB\NT\include ...

It works with

   MONETDB_CFLAGS=-I$(prefix)\include ...

but only if $(prefix) is not the default $(MAKEDIR).
AFAICS, we need a $(MONETDB_INSTALL_DIR) or something like that.

Steffen