[Monetdb-developers] Release Branding?

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Tue Jun 5 11:25:30 CEST 2007

Dear fellow developers,

some time ago, we intorduced "nicknames" to be able to refer to our
"mega-releases" (in particular MonetDB/XQuery, but in general all MonetDB
related packages released together.

Hence, what should be the name of this (final?) "mega-release"?
(Future releases will preferably be release of individual packages such that
a new release of a package work with the most recently released version of
all related packages.)

My suggestion:

Starting the journey with (on) Valentijn('s day 2005), and after stop-overs
at Mercury, Earth, Ceres, (being lost in Star Dust), and Venus, Pathfinder
finally arrived at

	Mars

(only to leave our own solar system hereafter to explore outer space...)

Comments?