[Monetdb-developers] Feature freeze & new release branches

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Mon Jun 4 09:05:46 CEST 2007

Dear all,

the new release branches have been created and all necessary CVS tagging has
been done.

[Sorry for the delay, but due to extremely slow SF
performance/responsiveness, all this took "slightly" longer than expected
--- "waiting for SF" has not become my favorite Sunday pastime...)

You're free to checkin, again, but please recall:

All bug-fixes go to the new release branches (see below), only!
All new features go to the develoment trunks, only!

Any violation of these rules might be "punished" by a forced undo of the
respective changes.

As usually, we will take care of propagating bug-fixes from the new release
branches to the develoment trunks on an (ir)regular basis or on kind
request.

Here are the new branches:

module      branch        version
----------  ------------  -------
buildtools  MonetDB_1-18  -
MonetDB     MonetDB_1-18  1.18.0
clients     Clients_1-18  1.18.0
MonetDB4    MonetDB_4-18  4.18.0
MonetDB5    MonetDB_5-0   5.0.0
template    MonetDB_1-18  0.1.3
sql             SQL_2-18  2.18.0
pathfinder   XQuery_0-18  0.18.0

Thank you all very much for your patience.

Kind regards,

Stefan