[Monetdb-developers] [MonetDB-users] XRPC problem: too many parameters

Jens Teubner jens.teubner at in.tum.de
Fri Jun 1 21:00:27 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 06:50:41PM +0200, Ying Zhang wrote:

> [...]
>
> I forgot to say that you need to wrap "$gb-hit/Hit_gb/text()"  into the
> fn:data() function before those values can be passed to "test:q1".  This
> is a restriction of the current implementation of XRPC.
>
> The values you get by selecting the "text()" child node are of the type
> "untypedAtomic".  XRPC currently does not cast eash untypedAtomic to the
> expected atomic type, hence, you need to add a fn:data() to do this.  I
> will add this cast later in XRPC's implementation.

This sounds odd.  Applied to (untyped) nodes, fn:data() returns
xs:untypedAtomic.  Only if a value is used in a function call, the items
are cast to the respective atomic type ("function conversion rules").

(Actually, I just saw that fn:data() is not allowed at all on untyped
nodes.  Maybe this changed in the latest revisions of the specs.)

Jens

--
Jens Teubner
Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Department of Informatics

Linus Torvalds is a lot like Bill Gates. Both are
about the same height.
                               -- USA Today