[Monetdb-developers] Data type of the text() nodes

Jens Teubner jens.teubner at in.tum.de
Fri Jun 1 17:27:03 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 05:14:46PM +0200, Ying Zhang wrote:

> [...]
>
> But then problem happens, namely, when the server calls the function
> 'xquery_sig_match' (in pathfinder.mx), it concludes that
> xs:untypedAtomic is not a sub-type of xs:string, hence, the function
> signature can not be resolved.
>
> This error does not occur if the function 'q2' is called without XRPC.
> So, what is the trick of pathfinder to match the signature?   Is
> xs:untypedAtomic just treated the same as xs:string?

Hi Jennie,

the keywords to look for in the Formal Semantics are "type promotion"
and "function call".  And there are the function conversion rules as
implemented in core/fs.brg:function_conversion().

Sorry for my very brief answer, but these pointers should bring you
quite far.

Jens

--
Jens Teubner
Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Department of Informatics

I invented <Ctrl><Alt><Delete>, but Bill Gates made it famous.
                 -- David Bradley, member of the original IBM PC design team