[Monetdb-developers] xs:docmgmt in XQuery user defined functions?

Djoerd Hiemstra hiemstra at cs.utwente.nl
Fri Jun 1 15:55:00 CEST 2007

Dear all,

Just a small suggestion for the release version. New functions like
pf:add-doc() return an item of type docmgmt. However, this type does not
seem to exist if I try to use user defined functions such as

declare function local:weird(  ) as xs:docmgmt {
  pf:add-doc("weird.xml", "weird.xml")
};

gives

> use of undefined type: at (14,38-14,47): ``xs:docmgmt''

Similarly with "docmgmt" or "pf:docmgmt", etc. Or if I use "item()"

> type error: body of local:weird() evaluates to `docmgmt' which is not
> a subtype of `item'

Best,  Djoerd.