[Monetdb-developers] Key constraints and optimizers...

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Tue Jul 31 07:59:50 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 02:25:04AM +0200, Romulo Goncalves wrote:
> Dear developers....
>
> I was checking the status of the SQL test web-site (cvs branch) and I
                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^
guess you mean CVS development trunk (i.e., "Current"), right?
(we use "branch" usually only for the "Stable" release branch ...)

> found some red ones.
>
> In the test src/test/BugConstraint/delete_primarykey_1643845.sql
>
> If I run the normal Mtest the test is red (the err output).
>
> The constraint error given is for the foreign key and not for the
> primary key (as in the stable output).
> If I ran with M4 the test is green the same happens if I set the
> optimizers off.
>
> So we can conclude that the reason for this test being red are the
> optimizers and nothing else in SQL module.

Most failing SQL/5 tests are due to Martin's recent partition optimizer
changes on Friday Jul 27 2007 --- just like the compilation problems in M5
---; hence, yes it's M5 only, and related to / cause by optimizers. Guessing
from Martin's checkin comments I think he's aware of these problems...

> I tried to give a look to see which optimizer is breaking the test, but
> no results. Tomorrow I will continue.
>
> I also think that all the tests that are red (the ones related with
> primary keys) are due this problem.
>
> Should I open a bug or this is enough? Because it is an existent test
> that is red ;)

feel free.

Stefan