[Monetdb-developers] Key constraints and optimizers...

Romulo Goncalves R.A.Goncalves at cwi.nl
Tue Jul 31 02:25:04 CEST 2007

Dear developers....

I was checking the status of the SQL test web-site (cvs branch) and I
found some red ones.

In the test src/test/BugConstraint/delete_primarykey_1643845.sql

If I run the normal Mtest the test is red (the err output).

The constraint error given is for the foreign key and not for the
primary key (as in the stable output).
If I ran with M4 the test is green the same happens if I set the
optimizers off.

So we can conclude that the reason for this test being red are the
optimizers and nothing else in SQL module.

I tried to give a look to see which optimizer is breaking the test, but
no results. Tomorrow I will continue.

I also think that all the tests that are red (the ones related with
primary keys) are due this problem.

Should I open a bug or this is enough? Because it is an existent test
that is red ;)

Regards,
Romulo