[Monetdb-developers] ANSI Characters

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Mon Jul 30 15:03:50 CEST 2007

On 30-07-2007 05:58:55 -0700, Bharani wrote:

> No :( . I get the same error. Clearly something is wrong with my testing. But
> i am using windows so anything else should i check for?

I'm not sure who/what goes wrong, but it must be related to the locale.

First, your and my emails are encoded as UTF-8, the same encoding as
MonetDB uses.  My environment is UTF-8 as well, so in my case it is
perfectly communicated to the server.  Java should do the character
encoding thing for you, if you don't have an UTF-8 environment.  I don't
doubt that this works correctly, as this is important for Java itself.
Since MapiClient has the same problem, it can be a problem of the
server.  Can you make a JDBC log so we can see what encoding Java sends
over the wire to the server?