[Monetdb-developers] Query Timeout

Bharani bharani_vms at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 14:47:41 CEST 2007

I tried with postgress as well but same error. I dont think this is a dialect
issue. It happens when hibernate is trying to close the querystatement.

Here is the trace

java.sql.SQLException: Method not supported, sorry!
	at
nl.cwi.monetdb.jdbc.MonetStatement.getQueryTimeout(MonetStatement.java:538)
	at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.getQueryTimeout(DelegatingStatement.java:243)
	at
org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.closeQueryStatement(AbstractBatcher.java:273)
	at
org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.closeQueryStatement(AbstractBatcher.java:209)
	at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:714)
	at
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:224)
	at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2144)
	at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.listIgnoreQueryCache(Loader.java:2028)
	at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:2023)
	at
org.hibernate.hql.classic.QueryTranslatorImpl.list(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:888)
	at
org.hibernate.engine.query.HQLQueryPlan.performList(HQLQueryPlan.java:172)
	at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.list(SessionImpl.java:1121)
	at org.hibernate.impl.QueryImpl.list(QueryImpl.java:79)
	at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate$29.doInHibernate(HibernateTemplate.java:839)
	at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.execute(HibernateTemplate.java:362)
	at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.find(HibernateTemplate.java:830)
	at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.find(HibernateTemplate.java:822)

Can you return a negative value instead of throwing an exception?

Thanks for the quick response. MonetDB is really giving my 10x boost but i
wish i can get it working with hibernate.

Thanks
Bharani