[Monetdb-developers] Fumus Albus! / White Smoke!

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Sun Jan 28 22:52:59 CET 2007

                       Annuntio vobis gaudium magnum:

                            Habemus Liberationem!

                      Eminentissimum ac reverendissimum

                                  MonetDB,

                           qui sibi nomen imposuit

                                   Venus.

                       I announce to you a great joy:

                             We have a Release!

                     The most eminent and most reverend

                                  MonetDB,

                      Who takes to himself the name of

                                   Venus.

Please stay tuned on http://monetdb.cwi.nl/ and
monetdb-announce at lists.sourceforge.net
announcement of the release including detailed documentation.

For the impatient amongst you,
you find the binary and source packages of the release at SourceForge

As usually, daily updates of the binary and source packages are available at
http://monetdb.cwi.nl/testing/projects/monetdb/Stable/.DailyBuilds./0_latest/

An archive of recent daily built binary and source packages are available at
http://monetdb.cwi.nl/testing/projects/monetdb/Stable/.DailyBuilds./1____all/

The latest sources from CVS can be optained with the following commands
(developers with ssh access replace <access> by :ext:<username>;
others replace <access> by :pserver:anonymous for anonymous pserver access):

cvs -d <access>@monetdb.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/monetdb co -P -r MonetDB_1-16      buildtools
cvs -d <access>@monetdb.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/monetdb co -P -r MonetDB_1-16      MonetDB
cvs -d <access>@monetdb.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/monetdb co -P -r Clients_1-16      clients
cvs -d <access>@monetdb.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/monetdb co -P -r MonetDB_1-16      template
cvs -d <access>@monetdb.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/monetdb co -P -r MonetDB_4-16      MonetDB4
cvs -d <access>@monetdb.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/monetdb co -P -r MonetDB_5-0_beta1 MonetDB5
cvs -d <access>@monetdb.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/monetdb co -P -r SQL_2-16          sql
cvs -d <access>@monetdb.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/monetdb co -P -r XQuery_0-16       pathfinder

(In CVS, the released code base is tagged as "Venus".)

Enjoy!

Stefan  (on behalf of the complete MonetDB development team)