[Monetdb-developers] mapi_mapi default user...

Romulo Goncalves R.A.Goncalves at cwi.nl
Fri Jan 19 13:02:06 CET 2007

Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 19-01-2007 11:29:10 +0100, Romulo Goncalves wrote:
>> Dear developers,
>>
>> I was reading some mapi code and I found the following code:
>>
>> if (username == NULL)
>>                  username = "guest";
>>          if (mid->username != NULL) free(mid->username);
>>          mid->username = strdup(username);
>>
>>          if (password == NULL)
>>                  password = "guest";
>>          if (mid->password) free(mid->password);
>>          mid->password = strdup(password);
>>
>> In this moment the default user and password is monetdb and not guest.
>> Can I change it or there is a special reason for this?
I started a mserver5 and then a MapiClient

[goncalve at amelia Connections]$ MapiClient -uguest -lsql
Password:guest
MAPI  = guest at localhost:50000
ACTION= mapi_start_talking
ERROR = !InvalidCredentialsException:checkCredentials:Invalid
credentials for user 'guest'
[goncalve at amelia Connections]$

Regards,
Romulo