[Monetdb-developers] mapi_mapi default user...

Romulo Goncalves R.A.Goncalves at cwi.nl
Fri Jan 19 11:29:10 CET 2007

Dear developers,

I was reading some mapi code and I found the following code:

if (username == NULL)
                 username = "guest";
         if (mid->username != NULL) free(mid->username);
         mid->username = strdup(username);

         if (password == NULL)
                 password = "guest";
         if (mid->password) free(mid->password);
         mid->password = strdup(password);

In this moment the default user and password is monetdb and not guest.
Can I change it or there is a special reason for this?

Second,
If the host address starts with '/' the port is ignored, why?

Regards,
Romulo