[Monetdb-developers] bootstrapping problems on HEAD

Jan Flokstra flokstra at cs.utwente.nl
Fri Jan 12 14:14:17 CET 2007

Hi All,

Here in Twente on our SuSe systems we are currently experiencing 2 problems
with the HEAD of pathfinder.

1) Installing buildtools fails because mel is not handled automatically
anymore. We have to go to mel and bootstrap-configure by hand. Then we can
handle the rest of the buildtools. Did we miss something?

2) We are experiencing problems with the version of autoconf on SuSe10.0.
Bootstrap wants to run at least 2.57 but we are running 2.59 so this should
be OK:

LOG:

monetdb/MonetDB> autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
monetdb/MonetDB> ./bootstrap
automake 1.9.6 is 1.7 or newer. Good.
autoconf  is older than 2.57.
We require (at least) autoconf 2.57.