[Monetdb-developers] IMPORTANT: imminent change to repositories

Thijs Westerveld Thijs.Westerveld at cwi.nl
Thu Jan 11 12:54:43 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm having trouble compiling MonetDB on the cluster (I'm trying core-1).
I follow the instructions Stefan gave to Arjen last week:

Stefan Manegold wrote:
> take a new virgin shell
> remove all your (new) build directories
> (and your prefix(es), if easily possible)
> make sure that your buildtools are cvs-updated (and not locally patched)

I completely removed all src, build and prefix directories and did a
fresh checkout from cvs.
> only then(!) source conf/conf.bash for buildtools
> then ./de-bootstrap && boostrap && configure && make install buildtools

bootstrap and configure are OK, but make gives a warning:

make: warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.

If I ignore the warning and continue installing MonetDB (also from clean
directories and new checked out sources), It stops during configure with
the following error message:

checking whether build environment is sane... configure: error: newly
created file is older than distributed files!
Check your system clock

Suggestions?

Thijs