[Monetdb-developers] slow insertion, why?

eric6251 eric_6251 at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Jan 4 07:59:26 CET 2007

Dear Sir/Madam:
   After creating a table in MonetDB, I insert data by running "insert into
table ..." on the client via JDBC(monetdb-1.5-jdbc.jar) , but the insertion
speed is too slow(100rows per 5 sec.).
   I guess the reason is probably that MonetDB treats every insert clause as
a transation thus performs 'commits' afterwards for every single insert
operation. Is that so?
   To fix the problem, I then group the insert clause(400 per group) and
self-write a commit after the 400 insert clauses, but error occurs: "COMMIT:
not allowed in auto commit mode" and "current transaction is aborted (please
ROLLBACK)"
   Thanks a million ! :-)

Eric
1/4/2007