[Monetdb-developers] Experiences with the new setup

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Tue Jan 2 12:19:27 CET 2007

Mserver -c $MONETDB4_PREFIX/etc/MonetDB.conf

should solve the problem.

apparently, Mserver does no longer automatically read
$MONETDB4_PREFIX/etc/MonetDB.conf to get (a.o.) the correct monet_mod_path,
and the builtin defaults are outdated:
# builtin opt   monet_mod_path = ${prefix}/lib64/MonetDB:${prefix}/lib64/bin

see also `Mserver -d0`.

IMHO, we need to either make Mserver read $MONETDB4_PREFIX/etc/MonetDB.conf,
(and mserver5 $MONETDB5_PREFIX/etc/monetdb5.conf, if that isn't the case)
again, or update the builtin defaults.
In fact, the former has my preferences, in particular as then MonetDB[45]'
configure could also add the $CLIENTS_PREFIX/lib(|64)/MonetDB/{,lib,bin} to
the monet_mod_path in $MONETDB4_PREFIX/etc/MonetDB.conf resp.
$MONETDB5_PREFIX/etc/monetdb5.conf, and thus make Mserver & mserv5 work
out-of-the-box, again, even if clients has a different prefix than
MonetDB4/5.

Stefan