[Monetdb-developers] IMPORTANT: imminent change to repositories

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Tue Jan 2 11:42:25 CET 2007

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 11:12:15AM +0100, Arjen P. de Vries wrote:
> Happy new year!

Happy new year!

> With new challenging monetdb problems :-)

> > > In directory MonetDB, I had to link conf/rules.mk to rules.mk for
> > > making to start working;
> >
> > What was/is the exact problem ?
>
> The problem is that rules.mk was not created, and that make includes
> *.mk and therefore
> refused to continue.

- make sure you have the latest buildtools indtalled and in your PATH (&
  PYTHONPATH).
- make sure you don't have any legacy MonetDB related (non-empty) BUILD
  and/or PREFIX dirs lying around.

> Sorry, but I have *really* no time to dig into it deeper - I should

well, I didn't mean to ask for any deeper analysis.

The very error message was enough.

Stefan