[Monetdb-developers] Experiences with the new setup

Jan Rittinger rittinge at in.tum.de
Tue Jan 2 11:11:14 CET 2007


Sorry, I forgot to include the 'source conf/conf.bash' calls for every 
directory in my previous mail.

On 01/02/2007 11:01 AM, Jan Rittinger wrote with possible deletions:
> Hi all,
> 
> Here are my experiences of getting pathfinder working with the new setup
> 
> First I install everything without '--prefix':
> 
> cd buildtools
> ./bootstrap
> cd Linux
> configure_buildtools
> make
> make install
> 
> cd ../../MonetDB
> ./bootstrap
> cd Linux
> configure_MonetDB
> make
> make install
> 
> cd ../../clients
> ./bootstrap
> cd Linux
> configure_clients
> make
> make install
> 
> cd ../../MonetDB4
> ./bootstrap
> cd Linux
> configure_MonetDB4
> make
> make install
> 
> cd ../../pathfinder
> ./bootstrap
> cd Linux
> configure_pathfinder
> make
> make install
> 
> Afterwards I tried to start Mserver:
> 
> 10:18:08 rittinge at notekemper08:/local_tmp/try_new/pathfinder> Mserver
> # Monet Database Server V4.15.0
> # Copyright (c) 1993-2006, CWI. All rights reserved.
> # Compiled for i686-suse-linux/32bit with 32bit OIDs; dynamically linked.
> # Visit http://monetdb.cwi.nl/ for further information.
> !ERROR: moduleClient: module(builtin) load error.
> !ERROR: moduleClient: module(arith) load error.
> !ERROR: moduleClient: module(str) load error.
> !ERROR: moduleClient: module(constant) load error.
> !ERROR: moduleClient: module(bat) load error.
> !ERROR: moduleClient: module(algebra) load error.
> !ERROR: moduleClient: module(sys) load error.
> !ERROR: moduleClient: module(trans) load error.
> !FATAL: scheduleClient: Daemon mode without startup script
> 
> Taking the library path into account didn't help either:
> 
> 10:20:05 rittinge at notekemper08:/local_tmp/try_new/pathfinder> echo 
> $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> /usr/local/lib
> 10:20:33 rittinge at notekemper08:/local_tmp/try_new/pathfinder> export 
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/local_tmp/try_new/MonetDB4/Linux/lib:/local_tmp/try_new/MonetDB4/Linux/lib/MonetDB4:/local_tmp/try_new/MonetDB4/Linux/lib/MonetDB4/lib:/usr/local/lib
> 10:20:54 rittinge at notekemper08:/local_tmp/try_new/pathfinder> Mserver
> # Monet Database Server V4.15.0
> # Copyright (c) 1993-2006, CWI. All rights reserved.
> # Compiled for i686-suse-linux/32bit with 32bit OIDs; dynamically linked.
> # Visit http://monetdb.cwi.nl/ for further information.
> !ERROR: moduleClient: module(builtin) load error.
> !ERROR: moduleClient: module(arith) load error.
> !ERROR: moduleClient: module(str) load error.
> !ERROR: moduleClient: module(constant) load error.
> !ERROR: moduleClient: module(bat) load error.
> !ERROR: moduleClient: module(algebra) load error.
> !ERROR: moduleClient: module(sys) load error.
> !ERROR: moduleClient: module(trans) load error.
> !FATAL: scheduleClient: Daemon mode without startup script
> 
> Only using the mod_path option helped...
> 
>  >10:23:21 rittinge at notekemper08:/local_tmp/try_new/pathfinder> Mserver 
> --set 
> monet_mod_path=/local_tmp/try_new/MonetDB4/Linux/lib/:/local_tmp/try_new/MonetDB4/Linux/lib/MonetDB4/:local_tmp/try_new/MonetDB4/Linux/lib/MonetDB4/lib/
> # Monet Database Server V4.15.0
> # Copyright (c) 1993-2006, CWI. All rights reserved.
> # Compiled for i686-suse-linux/32bit with 32bit OIDs; dynamically linked.
> # Visit http://monetdb.cwi.nl/ for further information.
> !FATAL: scheduleClient: Daemon mode without startup script
> 
> ... and by changing the variable monet_daemon I got my Mserver runnin 
> without error message:
> 
> 10:23:23 rittinge at notekemper08:/local_tmp/try_new/pathfinder> Mserver 
> --set 
> monet_mod_path=/local_tmp/try_new/MonetDB4/Linux/lib/:/local_tmp/try_new/MonetDB4/Linux/lib/MonetDB4/:/local_tmp/try_new/MonetDB4/Linux/lib/MonetDB4/lib/ 
> --set monet_daemon=no
> # Monet Database Server V4.15.0
> # Copyright (c) 1993-2006, CWI. All rights reserved.
> # Compiled for i686-suse-linux/32bit with 32bit OIDs; dynamically linked.
> # Visit http://monetdb.cwi.nl/ for further information.
>  >
> 
> For pathfinder I had a similar problem I couldn't fix (-- even adding 
> all library paths I could find to the mod_path didn't help).
> 
> 10:27:58 rittinge at notekemper08:/local_tmp/try_new/pathfinder> echo 1 | 
> pf -A | Mserver --set 
> monet_mod_path=/local_tmp/try_new/MonetDB4/Linux/lib/:/local_tmp/try_new/MonetDB4/Linux/lib/MonetDB4/:/local_tmp/try_new/MonetDB4/Linux/lib/MonetDB4/lib/:/local_tmp/try_new/pathfinder/Linux/lib/:/local_tmp/try_new/pathfinder/Linux/lib/MonetDB4/:/local_tmp/try_new/pathfinder/Linux/lib/MonetDB4/lib/:/local_tmp/try_new/MonetDB/Linux/lib/:/local_tmp/try_new/clients/Linux/lib/:/local_tmp/try_new/clients/Linux/lib/MonetDB/ 
> --set monet_daemon=no
> # Monet Database Server V4.15.0
> # Copyright (c) 1993-2006, CWI. All rights reserved.
> # Compiled for i686-suse-linux/32bit with 32bit OIDs; dynamically linked.
> # Visit http://monetdb.cwi.nl/ for further information.
>  >!ERROR: mapi_open is not set
> !ERROR: CMDfind: value not found.
> !ERROR: CMDfind: operation failed.
> !ERROR: interpret_params: lng(param 1): evaluation error.
> !ERROR: interpret_params: *(param 1): evaluation error.
> !ERROR: interpret_params: xquery_start_query_cache(param 1): evaluation 
> error.
>  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><?xml version="1.0" 
> encoding="utf-8"?>
> <XQueryResult>1</XQueryResult>
>  >>>>!ERROR: CMDfind: value not found.
> !ERROR: CMDfind: operation failed.
> !ERROR: interpret_params: lng(param 1): evaluation error.
> !ERROR: interpret_params: *(param 2): evaluation error.
> 
> !ERROR: ws_free: query cleanup failed, Mserver must be restarted.
> 
> With the old setup Mserver did know at least its own libraries. Would it 
> be possible to include that knowledge in the new setup as well? Also 
> using the daemon mode as default leaves me a little bit puzzled. Was 
> this change a strategic decision?
> 
> And before I forget it -- A happy new year to all of you :)
> 
> Cheers,
> Jan
> 

-- 
Jan Rittinger
Database Systems
Technische Universität München (Germany)
http://www-db.in.tum.de/~rittinge/




More information about the developers-list mailing list