[Monetdb-developers] IMPORTANT: imminent change to repositories

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Mon Jan 1 11:46:14 CET 2007

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 11:36:10AM +0100, Arjen P. de Vries wrote:
> > MonetDB does not depend on anything else.
>
> In directory MonetDB, I had to link conf/rules.mk to rules.mk for
> making to start working;

What was/is the exact problem ?

The link should (must!) not be necessary, in case you have all your sources
up-to-date --- at least for me and nightly testing everything (i.e.,
buildtools, MonetDB, clients, MonetDB4, MonetDB5, template, sql, pathfinder)
works out-of-the-box, now --- amdb, xml, pruning still need (quite?) some
work (volunteers?) --- well, me and nightly testing use conf/conf.bash to
set the environment and use different build- & prefix- directories for each
CVS module --- individual build-directories are highly advised (if not
mandatory), a shared prefix-directory should work fine; conf/conf.bash
should not be required in case you have <prefix>/bin in your path.

Stefan